Tykerb (lapatinib) is a malignancy solution.
Tykerb is utilized together with another drug called capecitabine (Xeloda) or to treat a specific kind of cutting edge bosom tumor that has spread to different parts of the body. Usually given after other tumor meds have been attempted without effective treatment of manifestations. Tykerb may likewise be utilized for purposes not recorded in this prescription guide.
Important information about Tykerb:
To ensure you can securely take Tykerb, tell your specialist if you have any of these different conditions:
- Do not utilize Tykerb on the off chance that you are pregnant. It could hurt the unborn child.
- Before you take Tykerb, tell your specialist on the off chance that you have coronary illness, liver infection, an electrolyte lopsidedness (low potassium or magnesium), or an individual or family history of Long QT disorder.
- To ensure you can securely take Tykerb, your heart capacity should be checked before you begin treatment. Your liver capacity should be checked each 4 to a month and a half amid treatment.
- Take Tykerb on an empty stomach. Take this prescription for the whole period of time endorsed by your specialist.
- Before taking Tykerb
- You ought not utilize Tykerb if you are oversensitive to lapatinib.
- Coronary illness;
- Liver sickness;
- An electrolyte unevenness, (for example, low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood); or an individual or family history of "Long QT disorder."
- Producer: Glaxosmith