Rotahaler ( Rotacaps Dispenser ):-
The world`s first transparent Rotahaler TM is a dry powder inhaler (DPI). Rotahaler TM is used with Rotacaps, which is premetered single dose medication for inhalation. DPI`s are breath-actuated devices and eliminate the need for co-ordination of actuation and inspiration. DPI`s are emerging as cost-effective, simple-to-use and environmentally preferred devices for pulmonary drug delivery.
The unique and highly efficient design of Rotahaler TM offers many benefits not found in other DPI devices:
* High performance: optimum drug delivery
* Ease of use: just 3 simple steps i.e. insert, rotate and inhale
* Avoids coordination problems
* Confirmation of dosing: due to transparency, audio and visual feedback
* High emitted dose: upto 90%
* Fine particle deposition: drug delivered is as high as 40%
* Versatile: Single device for multiple therapies
* Consistency: high level of dose uniformity
* Low resistance: low inspiratory effort required
* Safe: Accidental double dosing avoided
* Convenience: Portable, easy to clean and reassemble after use
Three simple steps to use the Rotahaler
Step 1: Insert a rotacap, transparent end first, into the raised square hole of the rotahaler.
Step 2: Rotate the base of the Rotahaler in order to separate the two halves of the rotacap.
Step 3: Breathe in as deeply as you can*. Hold your breath for 10 seconds. Breathe out slowly.
*Note: If you are breathing correctly, you will hear the soft rattling sound of the rotacap.