Aclasta 5mg Injection
Product Code : 05
Price And Quantity
- Minimum Order Quantity
- 10 Pack
- Drug Type
- General Medicines
- Physical Form
- Recommended For
- Oncology Cancer
- Suitable For
Aclasta is the Novartis brand name of zoledronic acid or zoledronate, which is a bisphosphonate. Aclasta is used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and in men. Aclastas purpose is to prevent additional fractures in men or women who have recently had a hip fracture. Aclasta could also be used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in men and women caused by treatment with steroid medicines such as prednisone. Aclasta is also used to treat Paget disease of bone.
Additional Information :
- Recommended dose of Zoledronic acid for curing Paget’s disease and for preventing osteoporosis in postmenopausal women is 5 mg. It is given like a one-time intravenous or into a vein infusion.
- However, for treatment and prevention of osteoporosis resulted due to steroid medications in men, the advisable dose of this acid is 5 mg also given as intravenous or into a vein infusion single time a year. It is given by nurse or doctor for approximately 15 minutes.
- It is suggested that people on this medication must take vitamin D and calcium supplements to avoid blood calcium levels go down. Your healthcare professional will advise a dose of these two supplements depending on your requirements.
- On the day of the intravenous given to you, it is essential to drink at least 500 ML or 2 cups of fluids prior to and following the treatment.
- Several factors can influence the dose of medication that a person requires, like body weight, other medications and other medical conditions. If your doctor has suggested a dose unlike from the ones given here, do not modify the method that you are getting the treatment without asking your doctor.
- It is essential to infuse this medication accurately as suggested by your doctor. If you have missed an appointment to get zoledronic acid infused, contact your healthcare professional as early as possible to reorganize your appointment.
- This medication must be stored at room temperature.
Side Effects :
Contact your healthcare practitioner if you experience any of the below mentioned side effects and if they are rigorous or bothersome. Your pharmacist may also advise you on how to manage its side effects. Some of the side effects are:
- Bone, muscle, or joint pain
- Fever and chills
- Flu-like Indications (e.g., fever, bone pain, chills, or muscle and joint pain)
Even if most of the side effects mentioned above don’t take place, they could lead to severe health problems if you do not immediately take medical attention.
Consult with your doctor at the earliest, if any of the listed side effects occur:
- Eye pain, inflammation or redness,
- Signs of blood calcium levels decline (e.g., numbness and tingling of the fingers and mouth, muscle spasms, twitching, or memory loss)
- Shortness of breath
- Immediately stop using the medication and look for medical attention if you see: Signs of a rigorous allergic reaction (e.g., difficulty breathing; hives; swelling of the lips, mouth, tongue, or throat)
- FOB Port
- Payment Terms
- Telegraphic Transfer (T/T), Cash Advance (CA)
- Main Export Market(s)
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia