Femara 2.5 MG Tablet
Femara 2.5 MG Tablet:-
Femara is a hormone therapy. Femara is classified as an aromatase inhibitor.
What Femara Is Used For:
- Femara is used to treat estrogen receptor positive or hormone receptor unknown locally advanced or metastatic (spread) breast cancer. It is indicated only for women who are post-menopausal (menstrual periods have stopped). It may be used as first-line therapy.
- Femara may be used to treat advanced breast cancer in post-menopausal women whose disease has gotten worse after anti-estrogen therapy.
- Femara has been approved for adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone receptor positive early breast cancer.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How Femara Is Given:
- Femara is a pill, taken by mouth.
- You should take Femara at about the same time each day. You may take Femara with or without food. If you miss a dose, do not take a double dose the next day.
- You should not stop taking Femara without discussing with your physician.
- The amount of Femara that you will receive depends on many factors, including your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Your doctor will determine your dose and how long you will be taking Femara.
Femara Side Effects:
These side effects are less common side effects (occurring in about 10-29%) of patients receiving Femara:
- Hot flashes
- Bone pain
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Shortness of breath
Manufacturer : Novartis